Flame Control No. 60-60A has met the criteria for use as a 15-minute thermal barrier on Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF). No. 60-60A is a low VOC, water based intumescent coating that dries to a flat finish. No. 60-60A was subjected to flammability testing per NFPA 286 and successfully met the following criteria: 2011 Edition and 2006 IBC Section 803.2.1 / 2009 IBC Section 803.1.2 / NFPA 101, and Life Safety Code, 2009 Edition, Section 10.2.3.7.2, and 2009 IRC 316.6.
Flame Control No. 60-60A is suitable for use in inhabited spaces where spray foam insulation must be separated from the interior of the building per IBC Section 2603.4 approval.
Product: Flame Control 60-60A spray applied over closed cell, 2lb insulation to provide a 15-minute Thermal barrier.
The Job: A vacant commercial property being completely retrofitted into low cost housing
Application Details: Phase 1 featured airless sprayer application of 60-60A to over 9,500 square foot of spray polyurethane foam insulation. The insulation was installed in the cavities between large support beams that comprise the ceiling support structures within the facility. 60-60A was spray applied in a single coat to achieve the 15-minute thermal barrier rating.
- 60-60A is water based coating which will freeze and become unusable at temperatures below 32°F.
- PROTECT FROM FREEZING DURING SHIPMENT AND STORAGE.
- Do not store material at temperatures below 50°F. Do not apply 60-60A when ambient air and substrate temperatures fall below 50°F. Store at 50°F to 80°F.
- Material temperature is also important for proper application. As with other coatings, 60-60A will have higher viscosity if the material temperature range is 50° – 68°F.
- If obtaining material temperatures above 70°F is not feasible, reduce tip size to .17 to increase fluid pressure
Manufacturer Part Number: 6060A-5